There’s no rulebook that tells you how to be the best best friend. But true BFFs know them—no questions asked.
1. You keep tabs on each other’s crushes and text each other very important updates. If she reads a cryptic Facebook status, sees him in the hall with another girl, or if he posts a hot selfie on IG, she knows who to hit up immediately with all the deets and screenshots. And vice versa.
2. She would NEVER post a bad pic of you on Insta, and because she’s your bestie, she already knows what qualifies as a bad pic. She will also take 2,000,000 photos of you until you snap the perfect one, and she won’t ever complain about it.
3. Her locker = your locker. If her locker is closer to your third period class, then that is where your third period books will be. This is the convenience of having a BFF you can count on.
4. Crush code names/ship names never leave the circle, ever. They are sacred and never to be shared, especially since you use them to communicate about bae in public.
5. If you’re home sick, she knows to take notes for you and bring you any makeup work/homework you need. She fills you in on everything that happened at school that day, from classwork to the latest juicy gossip.
6. If you don’t like someone, she doesn’t either. She won’t necessarily be rude or mean to them, because that’s not ~classy~, but she won’t be caught going to the movies with her, obvi.
7. She gives you the “look” whenever your crush walks by. No matter how much it annoys you because you swear your crush notices, you secretly kind of love how she’s so in tune with everything you’re feeling/thinking.
8. Your inside jokes also do not leave the circle. Because if they did, what fun would that be?
9. She’s obligated to tell you if you have something on your face/in your teeth/on your shirt. She knows it won’t hurt your feelings. And you can always count of her to save you from total humiliation.
10. She immediately knows to come over with her Netflix password and your fave candy when your crush blows you off. You don’t even have to ask. She knows when it’s time to pick out your fave chick flicks and watch them all weekend together.
11. Her closet is your closet and vice versa. You have no problem coming over to her house unannounced just to borrow shoes and get help picking out the perf outfit to possibly bump into your crush in.
12. When you spot a hot pic of her/your celeb crush, you must screen shot it and send it over ASAP. It helps for when you just can’t with Monday mornings, or you’re feeling down after bombing a test.
13. It is absolutely unacceptable to watch your fave show without texting each other every few minutes. “WHAT?? NOOOO! WHO KILLED MONA?!”
14. You must send each other pics of your OOTDs, especially when going to a party/special occasion. You want to make sure you’re on the same page—not too over or underdressed—and maybe you’ll want to be twinsies that day.
15. Whenever she points at you during a sing-along, you know it’s time for you finish the lyrics. You don’t even have to think twice about it.
Did we miss anything? Tell us your BFF rules in the comments!